Monday 21 January 2019

The Kraken Awakes

(To the tune of Mary Hopkins' "Those were the Days")Once upon a time there was a blogger...

I used to be heavily into this blogging malarkey but small matters like living life and writing a book got in the way. I was, however, slightly shocked to discover that it's been five long years since I last wrote anything here. Time to put that right, I feel.

It seems vanishingly unlikely that anyone will read this as, apart from anything else, I have changed the blog's address but it's my attempt to get back into the swing of things. My new year's resolution (anyone else have one of those?) is to post more frequently.

The impetus for this is that, after a long hiatus, I have finally finished the next novel. No predictions of publication date yet, but I shall be keeping you posted here. This new book is a major new direction for me. Not a comedy and not for children (at least, not small ones). It's for the Middle Grade and Young Adult markets. Dark, some quite adult themes and thought provoking. Maybe there will be some teasers in time but not yet.

Watch this space.

No comments: